Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Post Icon

Personality versus Appearance



If the people of the world could see inner beauty, then the people would not care about the outer beauty. Since we live in a physical world, people go on the appearance. I know people from all walks in life and I honestly have to say, inner beauty is what matters to me.
I have broken my theory down into negatives and positives. This is just a generalization.
Positive - Positive: The inner beauty is reflected on the outer beauty. This person is an all around beautiful person
Positive - Negative: The inner beauty is not reflected on the outer beauty. This person may not have the most desirable physical features but is a beautiful person within.
Negative - Positive: The inner beauty ruins the outer beauty. This person is shallow, self absorbed and has nothing intelligent or nice to say but has the looks.
Negative - Negative: The poster person for UGLY. Self loathing, doesn't like anything about the world.
Unfortunately, the world see physical well being instead of emotional. The concept that people try to drill into me is that if I love myself, then it should show on the physical plane as well. Well, I love myself, I love the way I look and I love the way I am.
Appearance v. Personality, to me it is all about personality, but to the world it is appearance.
Personality is what makes you who you really are. My mother always told us, Beauty is only skin deep. You can meet someone who has beauty, to die for figure, and the most hateful attitude in the world. It's always good to look nice, and it also makes you feel better about yourself, but if you have a negative attitude, or you're always complaining about how bad everything is, no one want to be around you for long. Appearance is always great, but that's not where it is.
When you look deep within yourself, what do you see? Do you see someone you would want to be around all the time? Is there something about your inner self that could stand to change?
I would have to admit, I could use a major overhaul. I'm over all a nice person, but I have a temper that gets me in more trouble than I can get out of sometimes. And I'll have to admit, that my appearance has a lot to do with the mood I'm in. When I feel really good about life, I love to dress up. and go somewhere just to see others, and to be seen. When I'm down, I'll just throw on a pair of blue jeans, and a tee shirt, that's me for the day. But that's okay as long as I treat others right, and do my best to do good. My sister thinks I talk too much, and when I'm out, I probably do, but my dog doesn't talk to me, neither do the birds, so I talk when I have the chance. She says I repeat myself to.
All joking aside now, Personality is what most people want to see and know. Sometimes appearance is a vanity thing with some. Others, it's just who they are. I'd far rather know a wonderful person than to know a person with good looks, nice clothes, and no personality at all. Inner beauty, love, and character make up someone I'd want to know as a friend.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...